Entain’s CEO Shay Segev quits during $11.06 billion Takeover Battle with MGM

by Thomas Nielsen - Tuesday, January 12th, 2021 10:57


shay segev
shay segev

While there’s an $11.6B takeover battle happening with MGM and Entain, The CEO of Entain Shay Segev announced he was leaving for a higher paying job at sports media company DAZN sports.

Last week MGM made an all-shares offer to buy Entain PLC (formerly GVC Holdings) – with the offer being rejected by Entain claiming the company is being undervalued in the offer.

Aberdeen Standard – an investments and global asset management company, and the third largest shareholder in Entain said they believe that the MGM offer undervalues Entain by “billions of pounds”.

Investment Director at Aberdeen Standard Wes McCoy told the Sunday Telegraph “If you’re going to buy this company from my fundholders, then the conversation is going to have to start with: This is a great company, now let’s talk”

Thomas Nielsen
Reporter

Thomas is an iGaming veteran with a background in poker and marketing.